- 1 fillet or rump steak, 300g/11oz, trimmed
- 140g green beans, trimmed
- 1 head chicory, leaves separated
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
For the dressing
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp walnut or olive oil
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped (optional)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled (we used Danish Blue)
- Season the steak with lots of pepper and a little salt. Cook on the barbecue or under the grill for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Let sit for 10 mins, then cut into slices.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, oil, tarragon, shallot, cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Cook the beans in boiling water until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain thoroughly.
- Divide the chicory leaves between two plates and top with the beans, walnuts and steak slices. Pour the dressing over the salad just before eating.
Thanks to BBC Good Food